Want to prove yourself as an entrepreneur?
We’re looking for an ambitious self-starter to grow YoungOnes in Ghent. City launchers will need an entrepreneurial mindset to grow their city from scratch. They’ll be the GM for their city, responsible for both demand and supply and kickstarting the growth flywheel. The ideal candidate can expect to work both on high priority strategic projects as well as getting their hands dirty on a daily basis.
YoungOnes operates a two-sided marketplace that allows businesses to find freelancers for short-term and often last-minute gigs. Last year, more than 40,000 freelancers found gigs through the platform and together they worked over 5.5 million hours. With a highly profitable business in the Netherlands (>10M EUR in annual profits), we’re now expanding internationally.
- Onboard businesses who can immediately use extra staff for temporary gigs. Show them how our product can help them solve their staffing problems
- Onboard freelancers, for example by working with student organisations (e.g. gyms, universities, etc.)
- Work with HQ to develop a strategy to scale acquisition on both sides of the marketplace
- Take on full operational responsibility for your city, acting as a local GM and managing an existing team to kick off operations
- Form relationships with local press
- Experiment with client acquisition tactics, execute a city launch playbook and work with the team in HQ to refine it further (move fast, fail fast and learn!)
- And throw a legendary launch party to officially announce YoungOnes’ arrival in your city.
- Proficient in both spoken and written communication in Flemish and English
- You know Ghent inside-out and have a local network that is ready to go for a launch
- Based in Ghent with frequent visits to our HQ in Breda
- You have at least 4 years of experience in a sales-related role
- You’re a born entrepreneur
- You like working with people and are good at leading a team
- You thrive on ownership and accountability
- You’re willing to roll your sleeves up and experiment with new tactics
- You get a lot of energy from growing a business. You’re willing to test and experiment and are ready to think outside the box
- You understand that the real work in any sales-related role is in the follow-up. You go the extra mile and further to close the deal!
Compensation and additional details
- A rewarding bonus structure
- We are growing quickly. You’re on a rocket ship, so there are lots of opportunities for further growth and a steep career path
- High level of autonomy and ownership
- Join a hands-on scale-up environment where you can experiment and grow your skills beyond the scope of a simple job description
- Join a mission-driven company that is empowering young people to work when and where they want to!
Wij zijn YoungOnes
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
Wij zijn trots. Op ons werk, op onze missie en op onze ambitieuze collega’s. In 2017 maakte YoungOnes een vliegende start(up) en inmiddels zijn we als scale-up niet meer te stoppen. De hunkering naar meer groei, stopt hier dus niet. Nog meer groeien doen we graag samen – met jou – in een succesvolle, flexibele werkomgeving.
De allerleukste en gezelligste collega’s van Nederland (vinden we zelf dan hè) vind je in ons net vernieuwde kantoor, naast het Centraal Station van Breda. Is gezelligheid naast al het harde werken voor jou net zo belangrijk én word jij blij van onze missie? Dan zien we je hopelijk snel.