The location for this role is flexible and open to candidates across Europe with a preference for Amsterdam, Rotterdam & London.
With more than 100 million EUR in gross services volume last year, and more than 500,000 signed-up freelancers, Dutch scale-up YoungOnes is the innovative go-to gig platform where businesses and talent find each other for short-term, last-minute gigs. YoungOnes is their preferred platform where they meet and start a fantastic experience together.
Rewarded with an FD Gazelle award for fastest-growing company in the Netherlands, we are now looking for a Head of International (who reports to our CEO) to build and grow our international business.
The Head of International role is a newly created full-time senior position reporting directly to our CEO. The ideal candidate is both a strategic thinker and a doer, an entrepreneur, someone who sees both the forest and the trees, who has great people management skills, and sales leadership skills. You will be accountable for the go-to-market strategy and tactics, the incubation, growth and sales execution internationally. You lead the international team, and work closely with your country and City Leads to identify and execute the growth opportunities, the growth strategy and tactics. You will have great brand, marketing, product development, data analytics and various other cross-functional partners.
The international team
The international team is responsible for our business strategy and sales operations outside the Netherlands. We work with local teams; we’re currently active in the UK, France, and Belgium, and we are already looking at new frontiers. The aim now is to start up the international business, increase international sales and growth, drive consideration, activations and activity and ultimately drive customer retention in our key growth markets (UK, France, and beyond!).
We are looking for someone with a global mindset who is passionate about taking the YoungOnes brand to the next level.
We work cross-functionally to drive international growth. The international team owns the following goals: (i) define and successfully execute sales and growth strategies and tactics for international markets (with lots of room for experimentation and testing), (ii) increase, activate and retain our international customer base, (iii) improve the international experience by making it feel more local.
We view the diversity of our team, its worldview perspective and experience as key to recognizing and addressing the different needs and expectations of our entire customer base.
We'd love to hear from you if you tick the following boxes:
- 8+ years of experience in sales, with an international focus. It’s a big plus if you have experience with platform businesses and the labor sector (recruiting, temp work agencies, or even better, labor platforms).
- You love doing sales. If you have a great network (in international hospitality, logistics, distribution, and/or facilities), that is definitely a plus.
- You are a real entrepreneur, you love to roll up your sleeves and get involved in the details and the execution.
- You are a great people manager, and you love to lead by example.
- You are good at communicating clearly and effectively (with diplomacy or candor, depending on the situation).
- You have a global mindset, and are eager to grow YoungOnes’ business outside the Netherlands.
- You have strong analytical skills and you are able to dive deep into numbers and data, build forecasting and growth models.
- You are agile, capable of constantly aligning, building relationships, and managing projects.
- You are able to prioritize well and use resources effectively.
- You have a passion for customer centricity and for brand building.
- You are agile and able to toggle between day-to-day reactive work and long-term strategic work.
Wij zijn YoungOnes
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
Wij zijn trots. Op ons werk, op onze missie en op onze ambitieuze collega’s. In 2017 maakte YoungOnes een vliegende start(up) en inmiddels zijn we als scale-up niet meer te stoppen. De hunkering naar meer groei, stopt hier dus niet. Nog meer groeien doen we graag samen – met jou – in een succesvolle, flexibele werkomgeving.
De allerleukste en gezelligste collega’s van Nederland (vinden we zelf dan hè) vind je in ons net vernieuwde kantoor, naast het Centraal Station van Breda. Is gezelligheid naast al het harde werken voor jou net zo belangrijk én word jij blij van onze missie? Dan zien we je hopelijk snel.